The Best History Tour in the United States is right here New Orleans Plantation Country. Laura Creole Plantation acclaimed 90 minute guide tour through the entire historic site.
Airboat Swamp Tour & Oak Alley Antebellum Plantation
Most Beautiful Plantation!
- Duration: 8.5 hours
- Available Mon. – Sun. at 8 a.m.
Antebellum mansion tours of Oak Alley Plantation
1 hour and 40 minutes swamp tour by airboat
- Reg. Price
- Online Price
- Riders (Age 6+) Must Be At Least 48” tall
Featured in the film Interview with the Vampire and Beyoncé’s “Déjà Vu” video
Explore the most photographed plantation in Louisiana, this home was built in 1839 and was originally name Bon Séjour (pleasant sojourn).
The quarter-mile avenue of 28 giant, live oaks leading up to the house, they dubbed it Oak Alley.
Step inside to the gracious interiors that echo the romance of another era, where gleaming hardwood floors and shimmering chandeliers reflect both streams of sunlight and the venerable history of this magnificent home. The Slavery at Oak Alley exhibit it shares the story of those who were enslaved on this sugar plantation from approximately 1835 to the end of the Civil War. It also shares the daily life of these slaves, including topics such as healthcare, punishment and life after Emancipation.
Then go for a boat ride on the enchanting swamp in Louisiana.
You’ll Also See:
- The Confederate Commanding Officer’s Tent exhibit.
- The Sugar Cane Theater, it tells the story of sugar’s impact on the people of Oak Alley, through video and exhibit.
- Black Smith Shop House, one of the few remaining 1890s era forges of its type in Louisiana.
Please dress for weather conditions.