See a plantation and the swamp in one great tour! Visit the Destrehan Documented Plantation for a history tour, then get out in nature for a swamp boat tour.
- Duration: 8.5 hours
- Available Mon. – Sun. at 8 a.m.
- Antebellum mansion tours of Oak Alley Plantation
- 2-hour swamp tour by boat
About the Oak Alley Antebellum Plantation
Enjoy beautiful scenery at the most photographed plantation in New Orleans! A quarter-mile avenue lined with large live oak trees leads to the main house. Step into history on a tour of the elaborate historic house.
Learn about the lives of slaves who lived on the plantation from 1835 until the end of the Civil War through the “Slavery at Oak Alley” museum exhibit.
Oak Alley Exhibits
- “The Confederate Commanding Officer’s Tent” exhibit
- The Sugar Cane Theater, which tells the story of sugar’s impact on the people of Oak Alley through video and historical artifacts
- The Blacksmith Shop, one of the few remaining 1890s-era forges of its kind in Louisiana
About the Swamp Tour
Your guide provides you with safety equipment and instructions before taking you on an enchanting tour of the Louisiana swamp. Learn about the ecosystems in the swamp, including the life and habits of American alligators.